Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chilling Facts About Mama's Family


  • There are one hundred and thirty episodes of Mama's Family available in Syndication, that's more than WKRP or Taxi.
  • The first season on NBC used to feature an intro by Harvey Korman as Alastair Quince, all of this was cut out of syndication.
  • The show only ran for a season and a half on NBC, the remaining four years were in first run syndication where much of the show's cast (and quality) were cut.
  • At the time of the writing Vicki Lawrence is merely a spry 60 years old, still has the outfits and is waiting for Hollywood to call.

5 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I was a teen when this aired in syndication. And... And I watched.

Plaidstallions said...

Even though it was cancelled in 1990, our local Fox affiliate ran it for another four or five years. I was convinced they were still making new episodes...

PUPPETBOY said...

They run it on pax orone of those wacky cable channels nowadays.This is one of the jerkiest shows ever.The decline in quality just adds to the jerkyness.A true classic.

Ken Reid said...

This may have beeen my least favorite sitcom of all time. As a die hard New Englander I despised the "southern" shows during the 80s.

rob! said...

I used to watch this too...what the hell was wrong with me?