Thursday, March 5, 2009

Shortlived: Working


Working was Fred Savage's attempt to get back into TV and be taken seriously as an adult actor after years of child success on the Wonder Years. I don't know why it wasn't a bigger hit, the show was tapping into that whole "Cubicle Comedy" craze that Dilbert seemed to launch.

Savage proved to be a good leading man and the show was actually very funny, often absurd and over the top but I'm a fan of that. The second season did a big cast change (something I'm not a fan of, let a show grow I say) and it never recovered.

When I watch other Corporate Sitcoms like "The Office" and "The IT crowd", I have to admit that I think Working got the shaft.

1 comment:

wee67 said...

You didn't mention that Danica McKellar was in that episode. That was enough to make me watch all 3 parts!