Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Things you didn't know about Alan Thicke


Alan Thicke is from Kirkland Lake, Ontario Canada. Another famous person from Kirkland is actor Michael "Col Tigh" Hogan.
Thick composed the theme songs to "Diff'rent Strokes", "The Facts of Life" and "Hello Larry".
In 1980, Thicke hosted a popular Canadian mid day talk show called "The Alan Thicke show" which replaced "The Alan Hamel Show". Hamel incidently is married to fellow ABC sitcom alumni, Suzanne Somers.
Thicke was the spokesperson for Woolco Department stores in Canada, large banners and shelf talkers featured his face and the words "Thicke Price Pick". I'm not making that up and I wish I had stole one.

Why did I share this useless trivia? I don't know what else to do with it!

3 comments:

wee67 said...

I guess these are the things that made one cool in the 80's.


I was remarkably uncool inthe 80's.

PUPPETBOY said...

I remember firt encountering Mr. Thicke on a late night telvision talk show called Thicke of the Night.Think Dave Lettermen on a shoestring budget.But he surely was the mystical force which held the 80's T.V. universe together.

jimmiejames44 said...

Alan thicke did take over the Alan Hamel Show. He had also went on the air to say that he had married Suzanne Sommers at approximately the same time. I remember this like yesterday, because when I watched Alan thicke say this I had thought it was true. Iwent my entire life thinking that Alan Thicke had married Suzzanne Sommers. Today, alan Thicke Cost me $100, by misleading me this.

So another thing you did not know about Alan Thicke Is this... He is a Liar!!

Damn You Alan Thicke!!
(I guess I should have verified everything he said, eh?)